Thursday, May 3, 2012

I'm famous

This afternoon I was walking by someone's desk at the village health clinic and saw that the website they had up on their computer had a big picture of me right in the middle. I stopped and stared for a second before someone came up and said oh you like? I frequently wondered what they did with all the pictures they take of me and now I know. I'll post the link to the site below. If you click on the picture of me on the main page a lot more pictures come up. Underneath the photo it says "Health Innovation, Mosquito Traps." They are all of me teaching people how to make dengue mosquito traps. We only made a few traps and set them up around the health center. In a few weeks I will go back and check the traps to see if they contain a lot of larvae. If we think they are effective than I hope to hold a training for all the health volunteers in my community so they can implement it in each of the neighborhoods. I think I may also be starring in a video on the website soon. Yesterday I dressed up as a doctor and examined someone with TB, then diagnosed him, and gave him medicine. All of this was in Thai and I was really struggling trying to say it so the video should be pretty funny. The video is to raise awareness of TB and encourage people to call a doctor.

This week I went on a trip with the government office to the Gulf of Thailand for 3 days, which involved sitting on a bus for about 40 hours. I also moved into my new home! It is starting to look pretty nice and I love having the freedom to eat cereal for breakfast and go to the bathroom without someone asking me how it was. I have a lot more stories and photos that I promise to post next week but I have no time today or tomorrow (it takes a long time with the slow internet)  and won't have internet again until next Tuesday. But enjoy the website!

http://www.ck203.chors.org/

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kayla, that's awesome!! Hope they work!
    Can't wait for the video =p

    ReplyDelete