Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving this year was not full of the usual turkey, stuffing, family, and football but I managed to have a pretty awesome day anyways. It was supposed to be a workday but I was sick with bronchitis so I had the day off to recuperate. I woke up in the morning and made some delicious cinnamon rolls and mocha coffee. By far the best breakfast I have had since coming to Thailand.



After breakfast I spent some time making beads from magazines. I'm working on some bracelets for the girls in my neighborhood.


Then Bye-Boah came over to visit. We danced, sang, read a book, and looked at each other in confusion every time we tried to communicate. 


When Bye-Boah left the dogs came over for a visit. The black one is one of the puppies from several months ago I had on my blog, and the white one is his mom.


After a lunch of noodle soup I spent some time reading on my hammock. Bye-Boah came back over and we were both sitting on my hammock when all of a sudden it broke and we were on the ground. Fortunately it didn't hurt, but unfortunately one of the neighbors saw and within minutes the entire village knew and said I must have gained some weight.


For dinner I made roasted carrots, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and apple crisp. 


Some of the neighbors came over for dinner and brought sticky rice and an eggplant and green bean dish. Pii Al wanted to make me american food for Thanksgiving so she made sandwiches of white bread and sweetened condensed milk. She also tried to put sugar in my mashed potatoes, and then decided to dip her sticky rice in the mashed potatoes instead of using a spoon. 


Overall, it was a nice relaxing day, even though I did miss stuffing myself with delicious foods all day and spending time with my family.








No comments:

Post a Comment